Are you wondering how to take a screenshot on your iPhone?
Screenshots are a great way to capture and share important information, images, or messages from your phone. Whether you want to save a funny conversation, share a map with friends, or capture an error message, taking a screenshot on your iPhone is easy.
Screenshotting on iPhones is slightly different on newer iPhones (with Face ID) and older iPhones without ID (ones with a home screen button).
In this blog post, I will show you step-by-step how to take a screenshot on different iPhone models.
In this article, I will show you how to take a screenshot on newer iPhones such as the iPhone X, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, 13, and 14 among others. I will also show you how to take screenshots on relatively older iPhones such as the 6, 7, and 8.
Let’s get started
Screenshot on iPhones with Face ID
This method of screenshotting on iPhones works for newer iPhone models such as the iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, 14, and more recent ones.
- Hold the power and Volume Up buttons at the same time (simultaneously) and release.
- Your iPhone will take the screenshot instantly. Your iPhone will show a thumbnail preview in the left corner of the screen. You can further edit, highlight, crop, or adjust the screenshot to your liking.
Screenshot on iPhones without Face ID
This method works for relatively older iPhones such as the iPhone 6, 7, and 8.
- Hold the Home and Volume Up buttons.
- Your iPhone will take a screenshot instantly. Your iPhone will display a thumbnail preview of the screenshot in the left corner of your iPhone screen.
Take a Scrolling Screenshot on iPhone
Taking a scrolling screenshot is possible on Safari browser via sites with more than one page of content.
The procedure is somewhat similar to taking a typical screenshot but with a slightly further step to perform;
- Hold the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time and release.
- Your iPhone will take a screenshot instantly. A screenshot preview will show up in the left corner of your iPhone.
- Tap the screenshot, and choose the option of a full page. Scroll until all the content you want to capture has fully been captured. Your full-page screenshot will be saved as a PDF.
Take a Screenshot by Tapping Your iPhone’s Back
You can easily customize your iPhone to take screenshots by simply tapping (double or triple) your phone’s back.
To activate this command;
- Head to Settings
- Select Accessibility > Touch
- Scroll down and select Back Tap
- Choose the option of Double Tap. A list of commands that you can carry out with this option will be displayed. Choose Lock Screen from the list.
- Congrats! You can now take screenshots on your iPhone by double-tapping the back of your screen.
Check out Other Related iPhone Articles
- Fix Distorted Sound on iPhone
- Fix Missed Call Notifications Not Showing up on iPhone
- How To Bold, italicize and Strikethrough Text on iPhone
In conclusion, taking a screenshot on your iPhone is a quick and easy way to capture and share important information from your phone.
Whether you have an iPhone 8, X, 11,12, 13, 14 or any other model, the process is somewhat similar and only takes a few seconds as discussed in this post.
We hope this blog post has shown you how to take a screenshot on your iPhone and that you can now use this handy feature to your advantage.