In this article, you are going to learn how to set MTN APN Internet settings to enable your phone to connect to the internet.
Have you reset your phone or switched SIM cards? You are not having an internet connection. Internet settings are meant to update but this does not happen at times.
This requires you to then set them manually.
In case you are in such a situation, and you are puzzled about how to set things up, (do not worry)
I assume you are an MTN Uganda subscriber. This is a straightforward guide to help you set MTN Uganda APN settings. (manual setup and automatically)
Note that this works for all 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G networks.
For Airtel Uganda subscribers you can follow the steps here to set things up.
Use the table of content below to skim to the section of your choice.
Let’s dive right in!
What is an APN?
APN in full is Access Point Name. An APN (Access Point Name) is the one that allows your device’s network to connect to the internet.
MTN Uganda APN Internet Settings
- Name: MTN Uganda
- APN: internet
- Proxy: Not set (Leave it blank)
- Username: Not Set (Leave it blank)
- Password: Not Set (Leave it blank)
- Port: Not Set (Leave it blank)
- Server: Not Set (Leave it blank)
- MMSC: Not Set (Leave it blank)
- MCC : (641)
- MNC : (10)
- Authentication type: Not set
- APN type: (default,supl)
- APN protocol: (IPv4)
- APN Roaming Protocol: (IPV4)
- Bearer: (Unspecified)
- MVNO Type: None
- MVNO Value: Not Set
Follow the steps below to get MTN internet settings automatically. This eliminates the need of doing it manually by following the steps below;
How to get MTN APN Uganda Internet Settings Automatically
- Dial *160*10# on MTN
- Chose option 1 to send internet settings on your number.
- The MTN internet settings will be sent automatically to your phone.
But, if the Automatic method fails to work for you follow the procedure below;
How to set MTN APN Internet Settings Uganda
- Head to Settings on your phone.
- Tap Network & Internet.
- Click Mobile Network.
- Tap on Access Point Names.
- Click on the “+” icon to add new MTN APN Internet settings.
Proceed and input the settings that have been stated earlier in this post.
Are you done inputting the MTN APN Uganda internet settings? If yes, your device will show the internet bars. Your device will now connect to the internet and you can proceed with your activities.
But, if they do not show up and you still face difficulty restart your phone and everything will work fine.
Let me know in the comment section of any difficulties you face during the process.