Auto capitalization feature in Google Docs helps in making the first letter of each new sentence you start capital. Although this feature is helpful, for some reason you might want to disable it.
Before we start, here are a few things to note;
You can turn off Auto capitalization easily by using the Preferences menu in Google Docs
It is not possible to disable Auto capitalization on Google Docs mobile apps but instead use phone keyboard settings
Let’s get into details!
In this article, I will take you through a step-by-step process to turn off auto capitalization in Google Docs on the web platform and mobile app.
How to Turn off Auto Capitalization in Google Docs Web Platform
- Open the Google Docs website
- At the top toolbar, select the Tools tab
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select Preferences
- Uncheck the Automatically capitalize words option
- Click OK to confirm and save your changes
That’s it, words will not be automatically capitalized now.
In case you wish to turn the feature back on, simply follow the same procedure and check the automatically capitalize words options
How to Turn off Auto Capitalization in Google Docs Mobile App (Android & iPhone)
Auto capitalizing on the Google Docs app is not supported and is rather controlled by your phone keyboard settings.
That said, let’s look at the process of how to disable auto capitalization on both Android and iPhone devices.
Turn off auto capitalization on iPhone/iPad/iOS
- Head to the Settings app. Scroll down and select General
- A menu will show up, find and tap Keyboard
- Below the option of All Keyboards heading, toggle off the Auto-Capitalization setting
Turn off auto capitalization on Android
- Head to Settings
- Scroll down and tap System
- Tap on Languages & Devices
- Select Virtual/On-screen keyboard
- From the list, select the keyboard you use i.e. Gboard
- Tap Text correction
- Scroll down to the section of corrections and toggle off Auto-capitalization
People Also Read:
- How To Create a Ticket System in Google Docs
- Make a Venn Diagram in Google Docs
- Google Docs Running slow? Fix This Now
- How To Double underline text in Google Docs
- How To Add Word Art In Google Docs
That’s it, now you are aware of how to enable and disable the auto-capitalization feature in Google Docs.
I hope you found this article helpful to you. Share, or leave me a comment if it worked for you in the comment section