On Spotify, you can follow various persons such as Artists, and playlists, on mobile or desktop, whichever your preference is.
In this guide, you will discover how to follow someone on Spotify both mobile and desktop.
Briefly, to follow an artist or playlist you simply have to search for the artist or playlist name, head to their pages and tap the follow button. You can as well decide to unfollow or remove someone as a follower on Spotify easily.
Do you want to track your listening habits on Spotify? Here’s the process on how to see your Spotify stats.
Let’s look at the whole process of following someone on Spotify in detail.
How To Follow Someone on Spotify
To follow someone on Spotify, you should be knowing their name or username to search for them.
- Open Spotify
- Head to the search bar
- Type the person’s name or username
- Insert your friend’s username. Type spotify:username in the search bar. Replace username with your friend’s username.
- Click Follow
How To Follow Someone Using Find Friends feature (Mobile)
- Open Spotify
- Tap the Gear/Settings icon
- Tap View Profile
- In the top right corner, tap the three-dot icon ⠇or ⋯
- Tap Find Friends. To use Find Friends, your Spotify must be connected with Facebook to enable Spotify to sync your friends’ list. Once your Facebook account is connected, you will be able to see your friends who use Spotify.
- You will notice the Follow all option or choose those you wish to follow and leave out the rest.
Does your Spotify keep breaking as you stream podcasts and music? Find out how to fix Spotify lags and frequent pauses.
How to Follow Artists on Spotify
- Open Spotify (on Mobile or computer)
- Head to the Search bar
- Search for a Artist name i.e Adekunle Gold
- Choose and click your desired artist from the list to head to their profile
- Tap the Follow button to start following them.
- Click add to Library. Now you will be following that Spotify Playlist.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you search for users on Spotify?
To search for users on Spotify, Head to the Spotify search bar, insert a user’s name and hit enter. A list of profiles will be brought up for you to choose the user you want to follow.
Or, Head to the Spotify search bar, type spotify:username in the search bar. (Replace username with the person’s username). The profile will be brought up and now you can follow the person.
How do I follow someone on Spotify without Facebook?
To follow someone on Spotify without Facebook (Find Friends feature), Type spotify:username in the search bar. (Replace username with the person’s username). The person’s profile will show up, click follow to start following them.
How do I find Friends on Spotify Mobile?
To Find friends on the Spotify mobile app, Tap the Gear/Settings icon > Tap View Profile > Press the three-dot icon ⠇or ⋯> Select Find friends. Connect your Facebook account to enable Spotify to sync with your friends who use Spotify.
Follow Your Favourites on Spotify
I have discussed the procedure of how you can follow someone on Spotify.
Whether a friend, random person or artist, you can now keep up with them, their playlists and new music they release.
I hope you found this helpful.