Have you been wondering what the Best Grammar checkers are?
Are you trying to choose the writing assistant you wish to use but can’t seem to make a choice?
Grammar checkers are one of the most crucial blogging tools I use. Writing assistants help me deliver professionally edited and proofread content to my audience.
In this article, I have listed the 5 best Grammar Checkers, highlighting their Features, Pros, Cons, and Pricing to help you decide which tool to use.
Let’s dive right in!
Who Needs to Use a Grammar Checker / Writing Assistant Tool
A writing assistant tool is not a tool restricted to only a specific group of persons, but whoever does write and sends out text needs to ensure the content they put out is perfect.
Digital marketers, bloggers, students, tutors and lecturers, freelancers, social media influencers, among others, need a writing assistant to aid in their writing.
Why You Need Grammar Checker Tool
- To make your work error-free. If your text is full of errors, it will be hard for your readers to keep up. They will focus on your mistakes rather than understanding what you tried to portray.
- Writing Tools improve your Learning. Grammar checkers highlight errors and offer suggestions and reasons why you should make corrections. Some writing tools, such as Linguix through its writing Coach, offer practice for learning English.
- For professionalism. Grammatical errors undermine credibility. Writing assistant tools help spot mistakes to eliminate and make your work more professional. To avoid Plagiarism. Plagiarism has serious consequences. You must avoid having matching content with the already existing content. To ensure that you do not fall victim to Plagiarism, a grammar checker tool will help you do the job.
- To save time. If you are a productivity lover, then a grammar checker is a tool you would not want to miss. Get to correct your documents in real-time and avoid going over again to proof check.
What to Consider When Choosing a Grammar checker
Accuracy. Accuracy is the first quality a good grammar checker must possess. Where the accuracy is high, it makes you more confident while using the writing assistant, and it enables you to be less keen and leave the grammar checker in control of proofreading.
Multi-platform support. The writing assistant should be able to work seamlessly across all platforms, which means it should support Windows, Android, Mac OS, or Linux. This makes it easier for users across different operating systems to use the grammar checker applications.
Plagiarism checking. A good grammar checker has to have the ability to proofread your work and have a feature for checking for Plagiarism. No one wants a separate tool for checking Plagiarism, and it is time and cost-saving to have a plagiarism checker within a grammar checker.
Affordability. Although the price might not be an issue to some, it is a factor when rating the best grammar checkers. Some writing assistants can be costly for beginners, and there might be affordable alternatives that could get the work done meekly.
When choosing the best grammar checker, other things are ease of use and customizability.
Top 5 Best Grammar Checkers
Best overall grammar checker. Highly accurate and catches advanced grammatical mistakes. (30$ per month)
With over 30 million users, Grammarly is one of the most popular writing assistant tools.
Grammarly uses AI to test your text against English grammatical rules and styles, which helps to show errors and suggests corrections.
It helps improve your grammar, sentence structure, word choice, style, and spelling of your writing, all consistent with your chosen tone and set goals.
Grammarly is undoubtedly one of the best writing tools.
Grammarly’s basic free plan will work out for you if you are running on a tight budget, just with a few features such as a plagiarism checker, setting context goals, tone, and delivery that you will miss out on the paid versions.
Recommended reading: Full Grammarly Review: Is This Grammar Checker Really Worth it?
- Highly accurate
- Real-time corrections
- Multi-platform support. Grammarly can be used across various sites, Word Press, Google Docs, via E-mail.
- Costly for beginners
- Not completely accurate. It still needs some human correction
Grammarly has two paid plans:
- Grammarly Premium which starts at 30$/month.
- Grammarly Business which starts at 12.50$/month
Best grammar checker if you are running on a budget. Catches basic mistakes and grammar errors. (14.99$ per month)
Linguix is an AI-based writing tool that checks your text for spelling and grammatical errors. Looking at its affordability and effectiveness, Linguix Grammar checker is one of the best Grammarly alternatives.
Recommended reading: Full Linguix Review: Is this Writing Assistant Really Worth it?
- Affordable and Effective
- Clean Interface. Easy to use
- Customizable. Ability to add your own words to the vocabulary set writing rules in the company style guide.
- Plagiarism checker
- Catches basic grammar and spelling issues. Hardly notices advanced mistakes.
- The plagiarism checker is not unlimited, and every plagiarism check you run requires the purchase of credits.
Linguix has two premium plans;
- Linguix Premium which costs 14.99$/month.
- Linguix Team which is a plan suitable for more than one individual. For this plan, you have to contact the Linguix sales team to get a customized price to fit your team.
3. Pro Writing Aid
(Best for writers who need in-depth analysis and feedback on their content)
ProWriting Aid is a grammar checker that analyzes your text for misspelling grammatical errors, improves context, tone, and provides detailed reports on the analyzed text.
The tool is best known for offering detailed explanations for the suggested changes in the analyzed text. Pro Writing Aid shows you the problem and tells you what is wrong and how to go about it.
- Detailed reports. Offers over 20 special reports about your writing.
- A lot of helpful reports to improve your writing, i.e. writing style, sticky sentences, repeats check reports, etc.
- Highly accurate. The tool catches advanced mistakes and provides detailed explanations for suggested changes.
- Slows down when analyzing large documents.
- Plagiarism checker is a separate premium add-on that requires an individual subscription.
- Lacks a mobile app
You can use ProWriting Aid for free. The paid plan starts at 20$ per month.
(Best grammar checker for writers who wish to write in different languages)
Do you write in multiple languages?
Ginger premium has a translation feature that supports 50+ languages. Ginger’s translation feature helps you handle tasks in one place other than opting for a separate translation tool such as Google Translate.
- Read-out Loud Functionality
- Cloud storage for all plans
- Translator (premium)
- It doesn’t work offline
- Doesn’t catch some mistakes
Ginger has a free version. You can opt for the premium version which goes for 19.99$ per month.
5. Hemmingway Editor
Best Grammar checker for simplifying content to be understood clearly. (19.99$ one-time fee)
Do you want to deliver complex content in the simplest way possible?
Hemmingway Editor is your best choice!
Apart from being a grammar checker, this writing assistant ensures that your sentences are short and not complicated. It also suggests simpler words to replace within your content.
Hemmingway ensures that you deliver user-friendly and understandable content.
Words are highlighted based on their difficulty, and a score of the level of difficulty of the overall text is reflected in the sidebar.
Where a sentence is wordy, words will be highlighted, and the Hemmingway editor will provide recommendations to make the sentencing brief in the sidebar.
- Simplifies text
- It lacks a plugin for real-time corrections
- Lacks a plagiarism checker
You can subscribe to Hemingway at a one-time fee of 19.99$
What are the best Grammar Checkers
Grammarly, Ginger, Linguix, ProWriting Aid, and Hemmingway Editor are the best grammar checkers.
Is there a better Grammar checker than Grammarly
For extra features, you can use ProWriting Aid for in-depth reports and Ginger for translation features.
In this article, I have listed the best 5 grammar checkers. The rankings are based on the accuracy, ease of use, and pricing of these tools.
The overall best Grammar checker in Grammarly since it is highly accurate and allows real-time corrections with the help of its extensions.
The best Grammarly alternative is Linguix, and it catches basic grammatical mistakes and is affordable.
I hope you found this article helpful.
Which grammar checker have you decided to use. Let me know your feedback in the comment section.