Are you having a hard time typing the backwards 3 “Ɛ” symbol?
This perfectly works for an Android iPhone or even a PC.
Quick Tip: Firstly, you can copy the Ɛ symbol from this article for use anywhere you wish.
There are various methods that you can use to type “Ɛ” as shortlisted below;
The other methods are;
- Typing the Ɛ symbol using the Alt-code on PC (Windows or Mac)
- Typing backwards 3 using the symbols in a word processor.
All of which I’m going to explain in this simple guide.
Let’s dive right in!
What is the Backwards 3 “Ɛ” Symbol?
Formally known as “Epsilon,” this symbol actually represents a mid-front unrounded vowel in phonetics.
But its resemblance to an inverted E has earned it various nicknames like “flipped 3,” “reversed 3,” and the ever-popular “heart symbol” (Ɛ>).
How to Type Backwards 3 on a PC
This method involves Heading to your PC and using the Alt button to activate the backwards 3 symbol
- Open any word processor of your choice such as Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel
- Type 0190
- Then Immediately after typing the above number, Press Alt + X
- This will change the code into a backwards 3 symbol, Ɛ
- How to Deactivate a Telegram account
- How to Bold, Strikethrough, or Italicize Text on android
- How To Pronounce Adidas correctly
Another way of typing the Ɛ symbol is by using the Symbols section.
These can be found inText Editors such as those in Google Docs or Microsoft word as shown in the next step below;
How to Type Backward 3 using Symbols in a Wordprocessor
Quick Tip: For this method to apply, ensure that you are using the windows fonts of either Arial or Times New Roman to get a long list of characters and symbols.
This gives you a wide variety of symbols to choose from.
To make backwards 3 symbol in Word;
- Open a word processor of your choice, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Click on the Insert tab
- Under the Symbols section (at the extreme right)
- A number of symbols will be displayed for you to search from. Locate the “Ɛ” symbol
- Tap on it and it will be inserted into your document!
Congratulations! The process is now complete.
How To Type Backward 3 on a Mac
The process of typing a flipped 3 on a Mac is not straightforward but for this process, we shall use the help of Google Docs.
- Open Google Docs
- At the top of the document, select the Insert tab
- Select Special Characters from the menu that shows up. A new floating window will show up.
- A list of symbols will be brought up, search for the backward 3 / Ɛ symbol from the list.
For Mac users, that way, you will have an easy workaround.
How To Type Backward 3 on Android and iPhone/iOS
Both Android and iPhone manufacturers do not have the backward 3 / Ɛ symbol among the character list. You have to follow the steps in this post to type an inverted 3 or simply copy and paste the Ɛ symbol.
What is the Use of The Backwards 3 Symbol?
The Backwards 3 or Reverse 3 symbol is written as Ɛ. It is used to represent a heart, thus expressing love or forming a heart. Ɛ> (This is because it forms a shape of a heart)
Millennials usually use it to show love.
Summing up, I have taken you through the easy ways to type the backward 3 / reverse 3 / flipped 3 /Ɛ symbol.
The Ɛ> symbol is mostly used to represent a heart in online communications such as social media chats.
Over to you! Are you finding any difficulty? Have you been stuck anywhere?
I hope you found this article helpful. Kindly share to spread the Ɛ>
I’d love to hear from you in the comment section!
Go ahead and Join Workaguide on Telegram to receive the latest simple guides similar to this one.